RACV billiard room
A members-only facility that was purpose built to host major events as well as catering to the club's 20,000+ members. The final of the Australian National Snooker Championship has been played here for over a decade.
Two of the tables date from the 1870's - the beginning of this most prestigious and historic of cue sports events.
All tables have been fully refurbished. The incandescent globes in the antique shades have been replaced with powerful LED panels.
The antique chiffoniere marking board pictured here, and located next to the match table in the pit, is an extremely rare piece.
All tables will be recovered during the week leading into the tournament.
All the tables were manufactured by Alcock and Co, building Australia's finest billiard tables since 1853 - and are refurbished and maintained by Alcocks (as the company is now known). Visit their web site.